C2 Object Storage Service Level Agreement
Synology C2 Object Storage Service Level Agreement ("SLA") sets forth the service levels of Synology's C2 Object Storage services (the "Service") provided under the terms of Synology C2 Terms of Service and applies to the user ("you" or "your").
Unless otherwise provided herein, this SLA is subject to the terms of the Customer Agreement. We reserve the right to change or modify the terms of this SLA at any time.
Synology C2 Object Storage will use commercially reasonable efforts to make the Service each available with a Monthly Uptime Percentage, as described below, during any monthly billing cycle (the "Service Commitment"). In the event that the Service does not meet the Service Commitment, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described below.
You acknowledge that the Service may be unavailable due to maintenance performed by Synology C2. Synology C2's scheduled maintenance for the Service (as well as any unscheduled, emergency maintenance, to the extent Synology C2 is able to provide any advance notice) will announce at this webpage. We will endeavor to limit actual maintenance outages to the minimum necessary to provide a consistent and reliable Service to you.
Synology C2 will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the C2 Object Storage Service is available for in accordance with the Monthly Uptime Percentage.
Monthly Uptime Percentage.
- The "Monthly Uptime Percentage" is calculated by subtracting from 100% the average of the Error Rates from each five-minute period in the monthly billing cycle
Error Rate means:
- (i) the total number of internal server errors returned by C2 Object Storage Service as error status "Internal Error" or "Service Unavailable" divided by (ii) the total number of requests for the applicable request type during that five-minute period. We will calculate the Error Rate for each Synology C2 account as a percentage for each five-minute period in the monthly billing cycle.
- If you did not make any requests in a given 5-minute interval, that interval is assumed to have a 0% Error Rate
- The calculation of the number of internal server errors will not include errors that arise directly or indirectly as a result of any of the SLA Exclusions specified in Section 3 below.
This SLA does not apply to any unavailability, suspension or termination of the C2 Object Storage Service, or any other C2 Object Storage Service Service performance issues:
- (i) caused by factors outside of our reasonable control, including any force majeure event or Internet access or related problems beyond the demarcation point of the C2 Object Storage Service;
- (ii) that result from any actions or inactions of you or any third party; (iii) that result from your equipment, software or other technology and/or third party equipment, software or other technology;
- (iii) that result from scheduled or emergency maintenance activities for the Services;
- (iv) that resulted from abuses or other behaviors that violate the Agreement;
- (v) arising from our suspension and termination of your right to use the C2 Object Storage Service in accordance with the Customer Agreement.
- Further, all test, development, beta, sandbox and other non-production environments are expressly excluded from this SLA, and no Service Credits shall be available for unavailability of any such environment.
If availability is impacted by factors other than those used in our calculation of the Monthly Uptime Percentage, then we may issue a Service Credit considering such factors at our discretion.
Calculation of Service Credits: In the event Synology C2 Object Storage does not meet the Monthly Uptime Percentage (except due to any SLA Exclusions), then upon your written request, we will provide you with a credit against your standard fees for the Service ("Service Credit").
Service Credits are calculated as a percentage of the total fees excluding VAT/tax paid by you for the C2 Object Storage Service for the billing cycle in which the error occurred, as set forth below.
100%-Average Error Rate
|Monthly Uptime Percentage
|Service Credit Percentage
|Equal to or greater than 99.0% but less than 99.9%
|Less than 99.0%
A Service Credit will be applicable and issued only if the credit amount for the applicable monthly billing cycle is greater than one dollar (1 USD, 1 EUR, or 30 TWD). We will apply any Service Credits only against future payments otherwise due from you for the Services. We may elect to issue the Service Credit to the account you used to pay the fees during the billing cycle in which the error occurred. Service Credits may not be transferred or applied to any account, different services or different data center.
You must be current on all payments to Synology C2 Object Storage in order to be eligible for Service Credits. Service Credits will be made in the form of a monetary credit applied to future use of the Service and will be applied to the same account, subscribed C2 service, and data center, after the Financial Credit was requested. The entire Service Credit will be automatically applied to none in the next billing and the next future billing period if remaining. Either the termination of the Service subscription or the deletion of account will result in the permanent deletion of accumulated Service Credit.
Your sole and exclusive remedy for any unavailability, non-performance, or other failure by us to provide the Services is the receipt of a Service Credit (if eligible) in accordance with the terms of this SLA. Service Credits will not entitle you to any refund or other payment from Synology.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures
To receive a Service Credit, you must submit a claim via a support ticket at Synology Support. To be eligible, the credit request must be received by us by the end of the second billing cycle after which the incident occurred and must include:
- the words "SLA Credit Request" in the subject line;
- the user account, billing cycle, Service region, subscribed plan and capacity with respect to which you are claiming Service Credits together with the dates and times of each incident of non-zero Error Rates that you are claiming; and
- your request logs that document the errors and corroborate your claimed outage and incident(s) when the Service did not meet the Service Commitment (any confidential or sensitive information in these logs should be removed or replaced with asterisks).
The billing cycle of the annual billing plan is discerned on a corresponding monthly basis. If the Monthly Uptime Percentage applicable to the month of such request is confirmed by us and is less than the applicable Service Commitment, then we will issue the Service Credit to you within one billing cycle following the month in which your request is confirmed by us.
Your failure to provide the request and other information as required above will disqualify you from receiving a Service Credit.
Sign up for the C2 newsletter
Register now to get the latest updates about C2 services, technical insights, activities, and events.
To ensure you receive our newsletter, we will create a Synology Account for you using the email address provided.